Thursday, March 5, 2009

Writing and running (in that order)

Yikes, time is going quickly. I'm still working on my thesis. This is definitely crunch time, as I have about two weeks to submit my first complete draft. This weekend, I'll be working on my thesis in such exotic locations as the reading room of the New York Public Library and ... my desk at home.

Also on tap: a mini-road trip to Blacksburg and Virginia Tech for the spring 2009 College Communicators Association of VA and DC conference at the end of this month (specifically Friday, March 27). There, I'll be doing a series of web critiques along with a colleague from Mary Baldwin College. Immediately afterwards, I'm driving the eight hours to Bloomington for an IU School of Journalism alumni board meeting the next morning. Should be fun.

Oh, and I'll be working on my thesis from both locations.

Running is going pretty well. I did eight miles two weeks in a row and then scaled back down to six miles for my long run last weekend. This Friday, I'm doing a 9 mile run right after work. (This ought to make my legs feel great on the bus ride to New York the next morning.) Shorter runs during the week have suffered, though; I went for my first 5K run in about two weeks today. I'm registered for the George Washington Parkway Classic 10 miler on April 26, which should be a good close-to-halfway-to-Chicago point for me. Also thinking about doing the St. Patrick's Day 8K race for fun. I'm going to miss running during the winter -- I think I'm definitely going to prefer it to running during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment