Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home stretch, maybe

Still crunch time. Still juggling work, writing, and running. I feel like my (unrealistic) goal is reducing my daily routine to nothing but writing. I'm getting a bit closer since volleyball is finished and I'm postponing most social engagements in favor of staying home and working. This weekend needs to be ultra-productive as I'm leaving town next Thursday.

Did the St. Patrick's Day 8K. Didn't break 40 min; instead, finished in 41:43. Got stuck behind a guy smoking a cigar on the course. Ugh. Labored a bit more than I should have during the second half of the race. My 5K split was pretty slow -- about 27 minutes or so, probably due to all the weaving in and out of traffic I had to do at the beginning of the race.

Now I have four weeks to train for the 10 miler. I'm just looking to finish. And this time I won't have McDonald's at midnight before the race. Or get only five hours of sleep.

OK, enough disjointedness for now. Off to knock more things off my to-do list so I don't have to worry about them when I sit down to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment